[plug] [rant] 2.6 Kernels

Michael Collard quadfour at iinet.net.au
Wed Sep 1 16:16:34 WST 2004

I am very unimpressed with recent 2.6 kernels :(

With the number of bugs, its resembling something that Microsoft make.
So far I've found the loop module/code to be broken in 2.6.7 onwards, cd
writing under 2.6.8 is borked, kernel oops left right an center & the
kernel has stability problems with nvidia drivers causing lockups etc.

So far the least broken kernel I've found is 2.6.8.0-rc2 which only has
one of the problems mentioned above. More or less just wanted to give
all the pluggers a warning about recent 2.6 kernels, don't want other
people to go through what I've been through.

I feel better now.

Michael Collard