Public service announcement [was: Re: [plug] [rant] 2.6 Kernels]

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Wed Sep 1 17:34:03 WST 2004

Haven't send one of these e-mail in a while, despite noticing a lot of
people on this list writing "your" when they actually mean "you're".
I've been holding back from saying anything (I have not even sent Craig
an off-list e-mail about his use of the word "gotten" :-P). In a similar
vein:

In message <1093919695.12021.100.camel at cbbcbitl303c.murdoch.edu.au>
on Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 10:34:55AM +0800, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
> Its more "whats appropriate".  Databases have an overhead that means
> that for relatively small sites its just not appropriate - and usually
> kills flexibility ...

It's, it's.

In message <1094029840.12004.195.camel at cbbcbitl303c.murdoch.edu.au>
on Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 05:10:40PM +0800, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
> I think you need to restrict that to either a case by case or distro
> (which distro are u talking about?) basis - 2.6.8 seems fine under
> gentoo (i.e., its got some patches and fixes in it)

it's

In message <1094030310.12006.201.camel at cbbcbitl303c.murdoch.edu.au>
on Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 05:18:30PM +0800, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
> anything else I can find (hence the load values above - its also part
> of a compiler farm!)

it's

Sorry and thanks, &c.