[plug] More invites up for grabs

Nathan D natdan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 06:24:59 WST 2004

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 03:23:23 +0800, Ari Finander <outrider at operamail.com> wrote:
> What are these invites? The only thing I know about google mail is that it has
> a gigabyte of storage space. I guess it couldn't hurt to get in early and start an
> account if any invites are still available.
<snip>
Because Gmail is still officially a beta product and in testing, you
can only get access to it by being invited.  Originally invites were
sent to people with blogs and employees of Google and it all stemmed
from there.  It appears that the more you use your gmail account, the
more invites you will receive and it seems as though they have been
very generous with handing them out recently.
A friend has recently moved to Dubai and found access to her
Australian based email slow so opened an Excite account for her email
but found that just as bad.  Now that she has Gmail, the access is
quite good (for dialup).
I find the Label (filtering) system quite good and text based adverts
to be unobtrusive.

regards,
 Nathan D.

* Gmail invites available *