[plug] error messages re CPU faults...

Aesop Beetlebum oscarfish at westnet.com.au
Thu Sep 2 22:07:10 WST 2004

Howdy all.

Have had this Debian fileserver box running for I dunno how many months
now. Just recently I started noticing these error messages; " Casper
kernel: MCE: The hardware reports a non fatal, correctable incident
occurred on CPU 0" ... Casper being the name of the machine. I have seen a
few posts on the google and they refer to overclocked athlon cpu's and
something about nvidia cards. The machine is indeed an athlon 2000XP but is
actually underclocked to 1400 or something. and there is no graphics card
in it at all... The machine has been running faultlessly for an uptime in
the order of months. Is it CPU degradation or has there been something
strange installed on it???

any comments appreciated,
	Ambrose.