[plug] What's "too much work at interrupt"?

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Sep 7 15:27:26 WST 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-06 at 11:41, Bernd Felsche wrote:
> I'm getting kernel messages when trying to copy files over a network:
>
> 	eth1: Too much work at interrupt, IntrStatus=0x0001.
> 	eth1: Too much work at interrupt, IntrStatus=0x0001.
> 	eth1: Too much work at interrupt, IntrStatus=0x0040.
> 	eth1: Too much work at interrupt, IntrStatus=0x0040.
> 	eth1: Too much work at interrupt, IntrStatus=0x0040.
> 	eth1: Too much work at interrupt, IntrStatus=0x0040.
> 	eth1: Too much work at interrupt, IntrStatus=0x0041.
>
> What could be causing those?

I've seen that before with a faulty NIC ; a replacement NIC did the
trick nicely. Of course, that does not mean that's the only possible
reason.

It seems to me that you've omitted some rather important information,
like what hardware eth1 is, what the driver and version is, what the
kernel version is, and what the main system hardware is.

--
Craig Ringer