[plug] MySQL performance tuning

Marc Wiriadisastra marc-w at smlintl.com.au
Wed Sep 8 08:24:22 WST 2004

If you want to use HT.

Use taskset to allocate it to the "processor" cpu affinity I think the
program is called. Basically it makes HT more effective in certain
applications. You can also recompile the kernel to improve scheduling in
the kernel.  If you run a 2.6 kernel the scheduling has improved however
you can make it less cpu intesive by lowering the HZ down.  This will
lower teh cpu usage.  The only reason I know this is because I run a
colo server that is cpu intensive but had to be tweaked with.

http://ck.kolivas.org/webpage/

If its a 2.4 kernel there are kernel patches there to improve scheduling.

HTH

Marc