[plug] The persistence of off-topic extraneous postings

Nathan D natdan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 13:52:58 WST 2004

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 13:37:20 +0800 (WST), Bret Busby <bret at busby.net> wrote:
<snip>
> The messages promoting gmail ARE spam. They are unsolicited, and, to
> some of us, competely unwanted.
<snip>

While I can see Bret's concern and dislike of all the gmail invites, I
can also see people who want to share what at one stage was a rare
item with their community. I raise my hand as one on the guilty ones,
but in my defence, your honour, I wish to state that I followed
existing threads and asked for replies off list, as well as using the
sig message method below.

Filter gmail if you must, but I hope it will only be on the subject
and not the recipient.

regards,
 Nathan D.

* Gmail invites available *