[plug] Wake-on-Lan

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Wed Sep 8 16:34:02 WST 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 16:28, James Budworth wrote:

> I'm using ether-wake with the correct MAC for the machine to be woken up
> (I even double checked the MAC)
>
> The machine to be woken up is running Mandrake 10.

I'm not sure what the solution is here but I'm sure those on the list
can help. I would suggest trying to run ethereal to get an idea of what
is going down on your network.

regards,

--
Chris Caston

Aptitude Technology
http://www.aptitudetech.com.au
ABN: 51614966828

Office: 1300 722 146
mobile: 0422 978315

[T]he entrepreneur appears in a genuinely competitive market economy as a sort of trustee whom the community
has placed in charge of its means of production. Comparing the costs of his services with those of a bureaucratic
state-controlled economy, our entrepreneur may be regarded as a very inexpensive public servant, one who really assumes risks,
while the politician is apt to be answerable only to God and history. ( Economics of the Free Society (1937),Wilhelm Röpke, p. 192).