[plug] ATO - Business Portal Progress Report

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Thu Sep 9 14:51:13 WST 2004

Onno Benschop wrote:

> Ty has in the past installed Linux workstations, so he and I wondered if
> the group would like to:
>       * Have Ty subscribe to the list and discuss the ATO support issues
>         with the group.

That's probably the quickest way to get a discussion started.

>       * Make a separate ATO mailing list with interested people.

As others have pointed out, there will be many people outside of Perth
interested in making the ATO portal work under Linux so in the long
term, this would be a great idea.

>       * Have Ty contact the Committee to have a formal discussion
>         between Ty and PLUG.

I don't think that this one makes much sense.  The PLUG committee
isn't a particularly good match for the set of people who want to see
the ATO site work under Linux and have the the expertise to negotiate
out a solution with the ATO.  (Although some individual committee
members may be -- Leon perhaps?)

Cameron.