[plug] Looks like the LCA DVD is out.

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Fri Sep 10 09:50:44 WST 2004

Senectus . wrote:

> I'm on the LKML It's quite educational.. and entertaining.
> I've never been a big fan of rpm distro's or redhat based distro's..
> so I think I'll leave the mandrake list alone :-P

Well there's always debian-drivel^W -devel for you to join, it
generally sees 50--150 messages a day and has nowt to do with RPM or
Red Hat :-)

> On a slightly diff topic.. I've notice I get at least 3 or 4 spam from
> the LKML list every day.. Someone is posting it direct to their list
> by the looks of it..

(Pedant: "LKML list" is redundant, it expands to "Linux Kernel Mailing
List list".)  I get a lot of spam from mailing lists.  Many lists
(including LKML, I think) don't require you to be a subscriber to post
to the list, which makes spammers' jobs easy.  Most of these also
implement some kind of spam filtering (e.g. the Debian lists use a
customised spamassassin, several black lists and crossassassin) but a
few still sneak through.

Cameron.