[plug] Setting up PLUG groups in addition to this e-mail list

Tim White weirdo at tigris.org
Sun Sep 12 22:02:06 WST 2004

James Devenish wrote:

>In message <20040911145309.GA14177 at cp.yi.org>
>on Sat, Sep 11, 2004 at 10:53:09PM +0800, Cameron Patrick wrote:
>

>>Also, Bernd Felsche has offered to give us a machine significantly
>>more powerful than spark /and/ xbox.  I don't know quite what's
>>involved in setting up the news server, but would it make sense to
>>delay implementing this until the existing mail and web services are
>>moved onto a new machine?
>>

>If both web and mail will be moving to the new machine, are there also
>any plans to retire the old machines and migrate users to the new one?
>It seems such a shame to retire funky machines, so is Matt okay with the
>impost of the third machine?

Maybe Spark could be come a museum box that sits somewhere for ppl to
shell into for spark development and to owe over. The xbox should stay
the shell server although with the homes local. That way we can thrash
the xbox for fun and still recieve or mail AND test applications on a
spark box.
Tim
p.s. Else we can auction spark off to who wants it the most to adore.