[plug] [Hey Bernd] Re: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Sun Sep 12 22:24:40 WST 2004

Craig Ringer wrote:

> > Personally, I would like to see ISPs build in the outbound virus scan into
> > their base products.
>
> How do you propose that they do that? A transparent mail proxy perhaps?

UWA do that.  I don't trust them (nothing specific, just a general
mistrust of anyone other than me running a mail server that my mail
has to pass through), so I use my home mail server via an SSH tunnel
instead...

> I'm not even remotely interested in my ISP transproxying my mail.

Well, if you're on WestNet, you've already got a transparent web proxy
between you and the rest of the world.  It doesn't support WebDAV :(
which is a bit of a pain.

Cameron.