[plug] Problem Restoring System Suffering from ext3 corruption

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Mon Sep 13 16:54:34 WST 2004

Tim White wrote:

> Another file that is corrupt is resolv.conf. I can't find it in any deb
> file. Could a debian user please send me theirs. Debian testing.

That one depends on your network configuration.  It's automatically
generated when ppp starts, or if you have an IP address assigned by
DHCP.  Otherwise, it should look something like:

        domain home
        nameserver 10.0.1.1

This says that (a) a hostname that doesn't have a domain attached to
it should have ".home" appended to it (e.g. if I do "ssh euclid" it
converts that to "ssh euclid.home"); and (b) the name server on this
network is 10.0.1.1.  Put whatever values make you happy in yours :-)

Cameron.