[plug] Video camera newbie

Rob Davies rob at rjdarts.com
Tue Sep 14 07:54:12 WST 2004

On 13 Sep 2004, at 6:24pm, skribe wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 07:56, Rob Davies wrote:
>
>> USB or USB2 is totally useless for video capture it will drop frames
>> even if you manage to get it to work.
>
> What is wrong with USB 2.x?  At least in theory it is as fast (faster
> actually) as FW. I've never used it btw.
>
> skribe

Besides the excellent FAQ supplied by James. I have found USB & USB2
while transferring large amounts of continuous data in my case
photographic and video imagery to misplace, corrupt or not transfer
chunks of said data. Which makes files useless without a lot of repair,
but possible just lots of time thanks to fsck for the tools.

Rob Davies
rob at rjdarts.com

"It is the world which makes known to us our belonging to a
subject-communtiy, especially the existence in the world of the
manufactured objects." Sartre.