[plug] crashing server

Rob Dunne Rob.Dunne at csiro.au
Tue Sep 14 19:07:10 WST 2004

Hi Plug,

          I have a problem with a crashing server.
The problem may lie with mutex variables  in a threads program,
althought the crash appears to be in a line that says
free((void *)b);

What do I do, ie how can I get as much information as possible
to send in a bug report?

I have thought of
1) cut down the program as much as possible (it isnt my program)
2) run it in gdb and see what that tell us
3) isnt there a version of gdb for kernel debugging -- is that what
I should be using?

The machine is a 4-way opteron (our biggest and best)

                                                   bye
                                                   rob

Linux ribosome.nsw.cmis.csiro.au 2.4.21-15.0.3.ELsmp #1
    SMP Tue Jun 29 17:46:55 EDT 2004 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

--
Rob Dunne         Fax: +61 2 9325 3200     Tel: +61 2 9325 3263
CSIRO Mathematical and Information Sciences     +61 2 9325 3100
http://www.bioinformatics.csiro.au Email: Rob.Dunne at csiro.au

        Java has certainly revolutionized marketing and litigation.