[plug] Fedore Core 2 - Awstats - vsFTPd

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Wed Sep 15 10:40:27 WST 2004

Hi,

I just looked at the AWStats FAQ and it claimed the following LogFormat
was correct:

LogFormat="%time3 %other %host %bytesd %url %other %other %method %other %logname %other %code %other %other"

This is not the one you were using. According to the 'Log file type'
that you showed, the %method is the field containing only the letter
'i'. To clarify this, I have blanked out all the %others with asterisks:

Wed Sep 8 11:25:04 2004 * 192.168.1.7 4370 /var/www/subs/rvsrg/images/banner_07.jpg * * i * user *** 0 * *

I have no idea if this is the right sort of 'method' data. I'm just
pointing out the inconsistency between your configuration and the
AWStats FAQ. The real problem might lie elsewhere, for all I know.