[plug] crashing server

Rob Dunne Rob.Dunne at csiro.au
Wed Sep 15 11:46:01 WST 2004

Hi List,

Cameron Patrick writes:
 > James Devenish wrote:
 >
 > > But, this still leaves the question...how come the machine dies when
 > > &status is invalid?
 >
 > A guess: 'cos Linux threading is sucky, and in particular the new
 > threading system (NPTL) used in 2.6 is new and probably less tested
 > than it could be.

its a 2.4 kernel, and its RH enterprise 3.  I will try James' solutions
to see if that fixes the code (and pass them on to the other user).

However, I still want to know why a sig fault and a core dump
bring the machine down. As the machine is supported I think that we
will be passing this to RH as a bug report.

% uname -a
Linux ribosome.nsw.cmis.csiro.au 2.4.21-15.0.3.ELsmp
      #1 SMP Tue Jun 29 17:46:55 EDT 2004 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
% cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS release 3 (Taroon Update 3)

                                                  bye
						  rob

--
Rob Dunne         Fax: +61 2 9325 3200     Tel: +61 2 9325 3263
CSIRO Mathematical and Information Sciences     +61 2 9325 3100
http://www.bioinformatics.csiro.au Email: Rob.Dunne at csiro.au

        Java has certainly revolutionized marketing and litigation.