[plug] Don't do that!

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Thu Sep 16 17:27:15 WST 2004

Bernd Felsche wrote:

> What is important is that critical data be mirrored because routine
> backups are unlikely.

Having a mirror of important data is nice, but not really critical.
Most of the important data stored on xbox (excluding users' home
directories -- people should back up their own stuff on spark/xbox if
it's important to them) are backed up off-site regularly[1] via rsync.

Cameron.

[1] My xbox backup script runs nightly and covers /etc, most of /var,
the web site, my home directory, /home/webslave and /home/committee; I
believe Bernard also does regular backups of xbox.