[plug] Sound not working

Tim Bowden bowden at iinet.net.au
Thu Sep 16 21:56:48 WST 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 21:23, Peter Crystal wrote:
> oddly enough I have one of these laptops and the sound runs nice and fine.
>

> let me see...

<snip log file>

> looks fine to me (well except the unable to register OSS mixer device) bit.. Was it working before?

Yes.  Was working till the other day.  Didn't take much notice at the
time.  Sound is not normally an issue for me.  About the most radical
thing I have done at a system level for ages is apt-get upgrade...
Which I've done several times since the sound stopped working.

> its possible your mixer line in the sound config may be wrong. I know this particular laptop from
> what I have read and experienced has a bad habit of resetting the mixer and requiring a asetmixer or
> something to fix it up.

Hmmm.  Google seems to think perhaps hotplug may have something to do
with it.  time for more reading...

Thanks,
Tim