[plug] Computing without a trace...

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 20:36:04 WST 2004

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 16:48:08 +0800, Chris Caston <caston at arach.net.au> wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 16:35, Onno Benschop wrote:
> > Imagine you work in a job where your work is so confidential that you
> > don't use a word-processor and only write notes and burn them when
> > you're done.
> > Now imagine that your hand-writing is pretty poor.
> >
> > Can anyone see anything wrong with introducing Knoppix, booted from CD,
> > no swap space, only running from RAM, to run a word-processor, to type
> > the note, to print it out?
> >
> > Apart from someone sitting on the other side of the wall with a receiver
> > to read your screen, does anyone see any problems?
> >

> > Any comments?
> >
> > Onno Benschop

Printer isn't networked? (ie USB printer)
Get one of those "directional privacy screens" that stop people next
to you being able to see what you have on the screen .
Examples:
http://www.antiglarescreen.com/privacy_screens.htm
or for the really secret squirrel:
http://www.privateeyecases.com/index.html

Question:
Why is he printing them out?
A hardcopy is much much less secure than something like this:
http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/security/6768/

I know there are other much less gimiky devices out there.. I've seen
them and was somewhat impressed.. (will try to track down the links)

--
Zen is total BS. When you realize that fact, you have mastered Zen.