[plug] [OT] CommIT Day 2, summary

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 18:37:33 WST 2004

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 18:08:36 +0800, James Devenish
<devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au> wrote:
> In message <414D5970.9050207 at jensz.id.au>
> on Sun, Sep 19, 2004 at 06:03:28PM +0800, Ben Jensz wrote:
> > Do we have to have the grammar/spelling police come out everytime
> > someone doesn't type perfect english James?
>
> If you think 1-in-50 is "everytime", then I suppose so.
>
> > Seriously... nit-picking posts should be taken either off-list or to
> > the off-topic mailing list.
>
> Well, you didn't take your posting off-list and yours was pure
> nit-pick (you contributed nothing to the matters discussed,
> whereas I provided a link to the product for Linux).

I really don't want to turn this into another flame war.. but it
really is very anti-social to post such corrections to the entire
list.
I'm old enough to not give a damn when someone is rude to me in
public, but others who are new to the list might find it very
uncomfortable.

Take it off list. You'll probably find it a lot more effective.

--
Zen is total BS. When you realize that fact, you have mastered Zen.