[plug] [OT] Nit-Picking (was: CommIT Day 2, summary)

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Mon Sep 20 00:20:41 WST 2004

Craig Ringer wrote:

> extremely helpful in that regard. Now I just have to convince it that
> en_AU is not actually the union of en_US and en_GB for spelling, as
> currently it thinks that both 'color' and 'colour' are correct.

We seem to have fixed that problem with Abiword on the CA distro at
the hacker night on Thursday.  The solution was to edit
/etc/environment and add the line:

	LANGUAGE=en_GB:en_AU:en

That tells Abiword and other aspell-using programmes to prefer en_GB
over en_AU, even when your locale is set to en_AU.

HTH,

Cameron.