[plug] Repairing Debian

Mageaere mageaere at hushmail.com
Mon Sep 20 01:57:16 WST 2004

I seem to remember something about this mentioned before but I can't
remember where to look. What I want is something that can clean up a
debian installation that may be corrupted by tarball installs.

It would go through and verify that all files from the parts of a filesystem
that should not change without installing new software like bin and lib
directories are the same ones that were installed by all the debs that
have been installed. It would then alert the user and give them the opportunity
to have these files replaced by the originals from the apropriate deb.

Looking to fix a couple of problems here :o)

John