802.1d & STP [was: Re: [plug] [OT] fear of posting]

Leon Blackwell leon at lostrealm.com
Mon Sep 20 15:08:51 WST 2004

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 03:00:45PM +0800, James Devenish wrote:
> Is it part of Spanning Tree handling?

It looks to be -- I don't have a copy of the packet here, but it appears
to be the "hello" message.

Having never seen 802.1d before, I'm not sure if this is a normal thing
to be seeing at this rate.  I don't mind the occasional packet, but one
every few seconds is a little silly (especially since there are no other
802.1d capable routers on the network).

--
 Leon Blackwell                | I allege that SCO is full of it...
 http://www.lostrealm.com/     | They are smoking crack.