[plug] [OT] fear of posting

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Mon Sep 20 17:10:42 WST 2004

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004, Bret Busby wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Sep 2004, Craig Ringer wrote:
>

> > > I note with interest, that you conspicuously ignored the reference to
> > > what you are doing - sabotaging PLUG and the list, and their credibility
> > > with your obsession.
> >
> > Bret, I think that's going rather a bit too far. James contributes a lot
> > of valuable comments and assistance on this list, and I think it totally
> > unreasonable to accuse him of "sabotaging" the list or PLUG in any way.
> > You may disagree with his approach, but what you just said is not a
> > reasonable way to express that disagreement.
> >
> > > Do you have any contributions to make, regarding Linux, PLUG or open
> > > source, or are you just here, as an agent provocateur?
> >
> > Please RTFA - you'll note the fact that your own question is answered
> > quite comprehensively. I might think it fairer to turn the question
> > around, in fact, and ask you the same.
> >
> > --
> >

> And, how useful do you think all of this rubbish has been, in promoting
> Linux and PLUG, and open source?
>
> As I said in my previous posting, this list is shooting itself in its
> foot, and what has been going on on the list, is denigrating to PLUG and
> to the Linux community.
>
> Are you saying that what has been going on on the list, with the
> recent bickering, is conducive to promoting Linux and PLUG and open
> source?

And, ask yourself this, Craig; is the purpose of PLUG and the mailing
list, to see who can win at one-upmanship, to belittle others, and, to
see who can have the last word in incessant bickering?

Think about it, because the direction of the list lately, has been
around those three things, and not much else.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."