AT&T and small children (was: Re: [plug] [OT] fear of posting)

Harry harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Mon Sep 20 17:34:53 WST 2004

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 17:00:04 +0800 (WST) Bret Busby <bret at busby.net> wrote:

> As I said in my previous posting, this list is shooting itself in its
> foot, and what has been going on on the list, is denigrating to PLUG and
> to the Linux community.

Hi Brett

I just made a humourous (to me) observation that the overlap of Subject and From
on my mail client gave the line:

[OT] Fear of Brett Busby         ---- Eek! :-)

Please accept it with a chuckle and don't get stressed over a few list jibes.

My wandering into the crossfire is just to say that this grammar spotting is
a bit of a game of sharp minds and I wouldn't be losing any sleep over it.

Waaay back in this meandering thread, and just above where the phosphor started
to blister, James slipped in his grammarian's niggle but also contributed to the
discussion about the origins of pixelglow's product from within AT&T.

I knew this (because Glen Low told me) but it may have interested other
people and drew Nick B out to talk about the license not being GPL (which
Glen also explained and is important).

Now I've just learned that AT&T source code can be used to frighten small
children which I've noted for any future requirements.

You just never know what useful information will turn up on PLUG.

cu
Harry

--
Are you a computer angel?	http://www.computerangels.org.au/