[plug] [OT] File Sync for Client

Craig Foster fostware at westnet.com.au
Mon Sep 20 21:04:06 WST 2004

Eeek!! You know that offline files are stored in an heavily encrypted single
file?
Without the logon, there's no way to get those files back (AFAIK)
Oh and the syncing is touchy anyway.

Oh and taking a PC with offline files off a domain can mean certain
disaster.

He/You/People have been warned :)

> He also from time to time uses a thumbdrive to work on the
> files at other locations.
> Is there some GNU utility that he can use on Windows and
> Linux computers to do 2 way sync of his files. It is over
> Network and removable media.
> If it is a nice little executable that can be run off the
> thumbdrive then all the better as we can't install some
> service. It is also on different networks so can't have a
> central server.

Unison for Windows. It's a local rsync utility.

> Thanks
> Tim

Regards,

CraigF.