[plug] ATO online and Linux compatibility

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Tue Sep 21 11:37:13 WST 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-21 at 11:21, Newton, Ty wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Onno and I have been discussing issues he is having with using the ATO
> online systems on his Linux platform.  I am one of the people who work
> on a component of the system that may be incompatible at the moment;
> and I would like to work with him and any others to make this
> component becomes compatible.  Onno mentioned that several others at
> the PLUG have similar interests in using the ATO online systems with
> Linux.  Could those people who are interested please respond so that I
> know who, and how many people, I am assisting.
>
> At the moment this assistance is an informal arrangement, however I
> hope to be able to use this experience to build a mechanism for
> co-operative support of Linux by the ATO and user groups like PLUG.
>

> Regards,
> Ty

Hi Ty,

I'm a self employed computer technician with some casual sub-contractors
and I submit my eBAS monthly using the ECI client (running on an old
Windows machine) as part of my routine. I use Linux on my main desktop
and would like to be able to submit my eBAS from my Linux machine.

thanks,

--
Chris Caston

Aptitude Technology