[plug] PGP Sign messages

Michael Holland myk at westnet.com.au
Tue Sep 21 21:42:18 WST 2004

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004, James Devenish wrote:

> Let me improve upon that:

> * Encryption: the entire body is encrypted opaquely by anyone with the
>   public key and then decrypted solely by the holder(s) of the private
>   key.

You forget that its a little more complex in practice. The body is
encrypted conventionally by a random session key, which in turn is
encrypted by the public key. Anyone care to improve on that? :-)

( Anybody know a good compression algorithm for one-time pads?)

--
        "That's right; the upper-case shift works fine on the screen, but
they're not coming out on the damn printer...  Hold?  Sure, I'll hold."