[plug] [OT] fear of posting

Luke Dudney ldlist at westnet.com.au
Wed Sep 22 14:37:24 WST 2004

Leon Brooks wrote:

>On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 13:59, Bret Busby wrote:
>

>> <>The plural of maori, is not maoris.

<snip>

>> <>
>
>>However, all of this has absolutely nothing to do with Linux, or with
>>PLUG, or with the open source movement, and, the recent threads about
>>all of this extraneous stuff, serve no purpose other than to
>>demonstrate the need for list moderation on this list, which was a
>>thing that Matt Kemner was reluctant to impose, when he was sole list
>>administrator, but, it really has to be re-evaluated, now that this
>>list has got completely out of hand.
>>

>Ah! Suddenly an underlying reason for your linguistic pedantry size
>competition springs to our collective attention.
>
>I vote "no" to moderation. (-:

Here, here. I employ my own moderation, by using Thunderbird's filters
to delete certain senders' messages outright. That way, I only get to
see their dribble if someone else has responded to it--with the
assumption being that it was actually worth responding to. I won't, say,
who is, on, this, list, but it works well for me.

Cheers
Luke