[plug] Setting up a wireless netowrk

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed Sep 22 14:54:29 WST 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 14:45, Leon Blackwell wrote:

> Er... I'm not sure you can make that assumption without knowing which
> ISP they're with.  Last time I checked, most ISPs didn't care about
> how ADSL accounts are used, so long as they don't violate their basic
> AUP (which tends to only be concerned with abuse of resources and
> adherence to the law).

Indeed - some ISPs, offically or unoffically, don't care about shared
services. After all, a shared 1.5MBit service is better for them than a
single 256k service. In fact, some ISPs - though possibly not in
Australia yet - even have sublicense agreements where you can on-sell
your service to neighbours and they help with the billing arrangements.

--
Craig Ringer