[plug] Setting up a wireless netowrk

Leon Blackwell leon at lostrealm.com
Thu Sep 23 12:47:02 WST 2004

On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 05:53:26AM +0800, Jim Householder wrote:
> I was going by the agreement I have with WestNet, which does specify
> that my account is only to be used at my street address.

Looking at WestNet's terms and conditions, it does appear that it only
allows a connection to be shared on a single premise:

http://www.westnet.com.au/products/signup/terms/general.shtm
(section 2.6)

This appears to be atypical for Perth ISPs, and I must say that I
wouldn't be happy about it.  I have, in the past, shared my connection
with neighbours (using pre-wireless, big ol' cable technology).  I can't
imagine why any ISP would restrict its customers in that way.  If you
want to share your connection, choose an alternate ISP that doesn't
restrict you in that manner.

WestNet, are you listening?  Your terms and conditions are overly
restrictive (and linux people tend not to like restrictions  :)

--
 Leon Blackwell                | You really have nothing better to do
 http://www.lostrealm.com/     | than read this signature?