[plug] mysql question

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Fri Sep 24 17:35:21 WST 2004

In message <Pine.LNX.4.44.0409241724590.14253-100000 at guild.murdoch.edu.au>
on Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 05:27:18PM +0800, Shayne O'Neill wrote:
> as a basic search string. it doesnt crash out or anything, but always
> comes up empty even when I *know* the search text is in there somewhere.

There are various restrictions on full-text searches (e.g. even things
as 'trivial' as minimum word length). While it would certainly be odd
if you can never get any results, it is not surprising to hear that
you might get empty results for some specific search terms. Are you able
to illustrate what term is not being found, and what text you would
expect it to match? Are you using MySQL 3 or 4?