[plug] Kernel upgardes via apt-get

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Fri Sep 24 19:03:24 WST 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-24 at 12:49, Rennie wrote:

> Unfortunately, due to it being critical to the running of my work place,
> I didn't look further in to diagnosing the problem and just reboot to
> the old kernel.

This may be a silly question, but if the machine is critical why are you
upgrading the 2.6 kernel? If there's a reason, then cool - but if you
don't have a good reason, I'd advise you to stay at 2.4.something until
you _do_ have a need to upgrade.

If you do wish to upgrade, why not do it on a test box first so you
understand the process before doing it on the main machine?

> my co-worker's web browsing.
     co-workers'

:-P

--