[plug] Mobille with camera and Linux compatibility

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 08:34:12 WST 2004

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 08:25:33 +0800, Chris Caston <caston at arach.net.au> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm considering buying a new mobile phone and would like to get one with
> a digital camera.Does anyone here know of anything that is both decent
> and works with Linux? That is I can upload the pictures to my Debian
> box.
>
> I haven't really kept up with mobile brands/models etc and I'm still
> using a Nokia 3310.
>
> regards,
>
> --
> Chris Caston

As a general rule anything that uses a memory card (SD, MMC etc) will
be fine for the Linux compatibility side of things.

As to the camera, the quality of these things are abysmal... no, worse...
Do not expect too much from this device.
I have an XDA2 which does 640x480 (.3 mega pixel).. its adequate for
record keeping, and playing around only.. and suffers greatly in dark
environments.

--
Nothing dies faster than a new idea in a closed mind.