[plug] Mobille with camera and Linux compatibility

Michael Holland myk at westnet.com.au
Wed Sep 29 09:07:54 WST 2004

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004, Chris Caston wrote:

> I'm considering buying a new mobile phone and would like to get one with
> a digital camera.Does anyone here know of anything that is both decent

I've not seen a phone with a 'decent' camera. I tried a 3G phone with a
'VGA' camera, but the pics are awful. Maybe the cmos sensor is vga, but
the lens isn't.
  Can you live with a separate camera?  There are some very small
CMOS-based ones. I even saw one in the local Action supermarket for $70.
Has removable card, so is fine with linux, and you might even put the card
into a suitable phone to e-mail the pictures.

Nokia has a new one that looks OK on paper. 1Mp, removable card.
http://nokia.com.au/nokia/0,,55355,00.html

> I haven't really kept up with mobile brands/models etc and I'm still
> using a Nokia 3310.

beware the awful trendy keypads on some models.

--
        "That's right; the upper-case shift works fine on the screen, but
they're not coming out on the damn printer...  Hold?  Sure, I'll hold."