[plug] New PLUG news server

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Wed Sep 29 14:42:46 WST 2004

Hi,

In message <4i1q22x05c.ln2 at innovative.iinet.net.au>
on Wed, Sep 29, 2004 at 02:33:08PM +0800, Bernd Felsche wrote:
> Apologies if you feel that I trod on your toes. The implementation

Not at all. I just wanted to make sure it was clear that I was not
"avoiding" making a contribution.

In message <4i1q22x05c.ln2 at innovative.iinet.net.au>
on Wed, Sep 29, 2004 at 02:33:08PM +0800, Bernd Felsche wrote:
> Yep. You did offer. But that hardly justifies prolonged discussions
> that can be largely avoided by your reading of available leafnode2
> documentation and inspection of the configuration files. (Not the
> source code; the files in /etc/leafnode/.)

I do not see how those materials impact the original point. I have read
the overview again and do not know what you believe it could curtail the
discussion. I do note "Due to its open architecture, Leafnode scales
very badly", but I assume that was not your point. I no longer know what
your current position is on the original issue, and I am not sure at
what point we digressed, so I don't yet have anything else to add.