[plug] spamo-disaster :(

Shayne O'Neill shayne at guild.murdoch.edu.au
Wed Sep 29 16:28:00 WST 2004

(am over sydney atm)

The guy I left in charge of the guild server thought it would be nice to
install an open proxy server. Infact such a good idea it didnt even need
consulting with me!

aaaaaannnnyyyywwwaaayyy......

Log in today to check my email. machine running like a pig

seem some spammer found it and routed 2000 cubic tonnes of spam via it
(exim relays from localhost alone...... including proxy)

Killed the relay. Wrote angry email to babysitter. Smashed up exim to kill
the queue

fixed.

It pans out we are now listed on a bunch of spam db's.

Any suggestions on getting off those things?

Also. I am going to rain chaos and fire on a certain person when I get
back to work in a fortnite!

--
"Well, I think if you say you're going to do something and don't do
it, that's trustworthiness."