[plug] New PLUG news server

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Wed Sep 29 18:44:08 WST 2004

Cameron Patrick <cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au> writes:

>James Devenish wrote:

>> > Leafnode is only sending the post to the first list moderator address,
>> > rather than all of them.
>>
>> Just wondering...I've see some of your test messages and I notice that
>> the 'Newsgroups' header seems to include only a single group each time
>> (i.e. not only is the article being sent to only a single addresses, the
>> header is also being written to include only a single group).

>The re-writing is due to the python script that actually does the
>posting.

>Note that any messages that are actually cross-posted to multiple PLUG
>lists will arrive at newspost at shameless as separate messages with no
>Newsgroups: header at all.

That's probably where the core problem arises. The downstream news
client will only send one copy to the server or the first moderator.
Even if it sent a copy to several moderators, that's mostly harmless
in this case because the duplicate article could not be posted as a
previously-approved one has succeeded. The second moderated posting
would fail of course... sadly requiring special handling.