[plug] New PLUG news server

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Wed Sep 29 19:38:12 WST 2004

In message <j0gq22xsne.ln2 at innovative.iinet.net.au>
on Wed, Sep 29, 2004 at 06:39:47PM +0800, Bernd Felsche wrote:
> You're asking lots of questions that are answered in the leafnode2
> documentation.
[...]
> Maybe you should go back and review what I've written today.

What questions, Bernd? My question was "Is someone going to pre-populate
the groups with the existing articles, or is it intended that the
newsgroups will only contain new threads?" All my other questions arise
from sideways statements and distractions, like your attitudes like
"it'd just be a pain for those who connect to the server for the first
time" and "archived articles posted before the news server existed
cannot logically be found in the newsgroup". Since I imagine most people
use a mailreader to read their mail, I don't know why you now persist in
referring generally to "the leafnode2 documentation".