[plug] Raid 0 software? hardware? Neither :(

WolfBite wolfbite_aus at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 2 22:26:55 WST 2005

will see about software raid later (hide it from
windows)

> hardware RAID in one way - the array format is OS
> independent.

Hardware if dualbooting (but going back to ata mode
instead of raid i.e. 8 devices)
.

> I'm also kind of concerned that you mention that
> you're using RAID 0.
> RAID 0 across four disks is a death sentence to your
> data,

If I'm stupid enough to do that, then I must be able
to justify it :)) but 2 is usually enough.

> RAID 0 means that if any disk fails, you lose all
> the data on the array.

Comes A time where your willing to forgo the safety,
to try the speed.
But If its not worth the the speed (min:speed increase
+30%) then stick to safety

WolfBite