[plug] Web access *FROM* China

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Mon Apr 4 07:46:02 WST 2005

We have a family friend who is currently working in China with who we
can communicate fine by Skype (to the same iinet address as the
webserver sits on).  However, when she tried to access my webserver
(iinet dynamic adsl - holiday photos and school work for her son), she
gets a not_found.  This includes dyndns, ip number and iinet URL.
Needless to say, the site works fine locally (http://wdk.dyndns.org)
whenever I access it externally from anywhere in Perth in the past (and
tested by GET'ing from a remote server yesterday, also in Perth)

I suspect blocking as I dont even see a packet hitting the firewall for
any of the possible addresses - is this reasonable?  I know there are
plenty of other possible explanations, but has anyone experienced
something similar, or can comment (likely/unlikely to be the cause)?

BillK

Home!