[plug] Mozilla Firefox Problems

Ranime ranime at westnet.com.au
Tue Apr 5 16:25:13 WST 2005

I don't know if this is old news or not,
thought I'd share it anyway   ...  I discovered this only today.

Just installed Firefox 1.02 (downloaded from rpmfind.net)
on this Mandrake  10.1 computer.

Have a problem, not resolving DNS, ONLY with firefox.
Mozilla 1.72 and kde Konq work OK.

after typing       'about:config'   in the firefox address bar
scrolled down to:

network.dns.ipv4OnlyDomains
     default string  .doubleclick.net

* Dose this set off any alarm bells with anyone ?

Anyway, I have removed this setting.

Found that this is 'default'  for Firefox and my old Mozilla ????
A bit unsure about the meaning of this.......
Should I be angry with Mozilla ? Privacy Issues maybe ?

Unrelated I know but still no DNS working in Firefox.

Any ideas ?
--
Regards.
Ranime.