[plug] OT: Mobile reception boost

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Wed Apr 6 07:23:01 WST 2005

Matt Kemner wrote:

>On Tue, 5 Apr 2005, quoth Onno Benschop:
>

>>At the moment I'm going one step further and investigating if I can use
>>my local Asterisk PBX to manage my phone, so it can sit in the car and I
>>can use a cordless phone to answer calls and call out. I'll let you know
>>how that goes...
>>

>Someone's writing a chan_bluetooth module for asterisk, which will be
>useful for that, but I don't think it's anywhere near completion yet.

As promised, an update.

I've made a call, from my VoIP box through my Nokia 6310i to another
phone. The recipient could hear me, I could not hear them.

I've dialled my mobile and I can see the call coming in on the Asterisk
console, but it doesn't actually seem to go anywhere.

It appears as if the last bit of coding was done in December and that
work has stalled since then.

I'm still looking ...

Cheers,

--
Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S25°34'41" - E152°35'34" (Graham's Creek, QLD)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..