[plug] [OT] Data/Trend 'plotting'

Timothy White weirdo at tigris.org
Thu Apr 7 10:58:50 WST 2005

I am looking at doing to trend observations for some emails I have.
Basically I want to have multiple plots based on date and time of the
emails.
So:

    * Received time (averaged over days, weeks, months...)
    * Total number received (day, week, month)
    * ... And different trend graphs to give me some stats to work on
      and stuff

I can extract the data from a Maildir like this (probably not the
easiest way but it appears to work)
$ grep ^Date: * | gawk '/Date:(.*)/ { print $3" "$4" "$5" "$6}'
which gives output like this (Showing we have a problem with leading zeros?)
29 Nov 2004 09:35:11
17 Jan 2005 13:22:59
30 Jan 2005 13:17:20
30 Jan 2005 13:24:38
30 Jan 2005 13:41:44
30 Jan 2005 13:52:35
30 Jan 2005 14:13:54
30 Jan 2005 14:31:51
04 Feb 2005 11:07:52
4 Feb 2005 14:32:02
4 Feb 2005 14:38:23
4 Feb 2005 14:53:29
04 Feb 2005 18:06:50
4 Feb 2005 15:22:49
04 Feb 2005 16:02:05
4 Feb 2005 17:40:59
4 Feb 2005 14:31:49
8 Feb 2005 13:17:10
8 Feb 2005 14:19:17
8 Feb 2005 14:59:58
08 Feb 2005 14:57:32
8 Feb 2005 15:03:39

So, now where do I go from there? I'm not sure how to proceed and what
librarys and stuff I can use. I'm happy to do this in PHP or Perl (or
other) and would preferably like both numbers as well as graphs.

Thanks

Tim
p.s. I know that someone knows how to do this cause I've seen usage
graphs and stuff before like it.

--
Tim White - Use the Fox, Luke!
PGP/GPG id: 602E944D, Pub Key Serv: subkeys.pgp.net