[plug] [OT] Possible fire hazard

W.Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Fri Apr 8 15:05:07 WST 2005

Australian Telecommunications Authority - the regulator for all things
communication.  An AUSTEL licence has a number of levels, some of which
include data and comms cables.  Institutions cant escape it, they must
use licenced people to install their data cables to their standards - at
a nice premium to the cost I might add.  When I looked at doing the
licence some years back, it seemed that non-AUSTEL cabling was treated
similar to unlicenced electrical work - which means seriously!

BillK