[plug] [OT] Possible fire hazard

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Fri Apr 8 15:56:49 WST 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-08 at 15:32 +0800, Senectus . wrote:
> On Apr 8, 2005 3:25 PM, Richard Meyer <meyerri at westnet.com.au> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2005-04-08 at 15:03 +0800, ZoMBiE wrote:
> >

> > >  What about taping them "out of site" along the bottom of the wall etc?
> >
> > Bit difficult - they're already 30 metres long - if I led them along the
> > wall, they'd probably be 50 ...
>
> That's fine.. you can do up to 100 between repeaters.. ;-)
> If you decide to go wireless these guys sell good cheap units:
> http://www.freenet-antennas.com
> I use one of the minitar AP's (run linux inside!).. and its bloody
> tiny and VERY reliable.!

If only I wasn't out of work, I'd be able to afford one. Which reminds
me, does anybody have a job for a broken-down old mainframe
admin/programmer? CV available - will work for beer.

I now have the definitive answer - i spoke to the ACA - thanks, Bill and
Gavin and others, and they say exactly what I was hoping for - if it's
out of the wall it's patch cables, and I can do what I want with them.
Even if they are in the middle of the floor and can be stepped on, and
even though they are 30m long and you can't see one end from the other.

I suppose if someone trips over one and breaks his neck, I could be in
trouble with OSHA, but not ACA.

Thanks everyone.