[plug] [OT] PDF Conversions

Timothy White weirdo at tigris.org
Fri Apr 8 16:16:34 WST 2005

Mark O'Shea wrote:

>On Fri, April 8, 2005 12:16 pm, Timothy White said:
>

>>The other reason I was hoping I could get it working without modifying
>>the original PDF's or making a 'print' overlay was so that when a new
>>form is released it can just be dropped in, have some default 'dummy'
>>place holder variables filled in and then used.
>> From some of what I've seen FDF solves some of these problems but
>>unless I can easily get the PDF's into form format, I'm stuffed.
>>

>Have you considered the rather un-unixlike solution of (shudder) typing
>the forms in again and putting them in format you like?

Unfortunately this isn't an option as the forms are official and updates
are released semi-regularly. Also, if I have to re-enter forms then it
means that when it's finished I can't leave the project for someone else
with out training them how to re-enter forms. At least if it was
semi-automatic I could probably automate it using PHP and Perl on the
server.

Tim

--
Tim White - Use the Fox, Luke!
PGP/GPG id: 602E944D, Pub Key Serv: subkeys.pgp.net