[plug] Upgrade BIOS on Wizard biscuit PC

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Fri Apr 15 18:54:33 WST 2005

Cameron Patrick wrote:

>Matthew Lambie wrote:
>

>>I'm hoping a BIOS upgrade will facilitate PXE booting, but I'm not
>>holding my breath.
>>

>I have this working on one of my Wizards.  (Well, etherboot, but if
>you use a sufficiently recent version of etherboot you get PXE support
>thrown in for free.)
>
>http://cp.yi.org/wizard/ should have the gory details.

Oh ... and _do_ _not_ try to flash the BIOS over a netbooted floppy
image. I doubt you would, since dropping DOS onto the disk is so much
easier (now, why didn't I think of that...), but let me assure you it
does not go well if you try. As far as I can tell, DOS4GW seems to
overwrite or disrupt access to the part of the memory the floppy image
is sitting in, and the flash tool only notices AFTER it's erased the
flash memory. Ouch.

--
Craig Ringer