[plug] How do I make Firefox a startup on reboot?

Gavin Chester gavinchester1 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 18 10:09:33 WST 2005

On Sun, 2005-04-17 at 21:59 +0800, Richard Meyer wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-04-17 at 21:26 +0800, Dean Holland wrote:
> > There is an extension for firefox - Tabbrowser Extensions that allows
> > you to "save" tab sessions and restore them at a later time. I believe
> > you can set it to save the session when you close firefox and load the
> > most recent tab session when it starts up - then all you would have to
> > do is setup your desktop environment to start Firefox when you login and
> > that should be close to what you want.
> >
> > The extension home page is
> > http://piro.sakura.ne.jp/xul/tabextensions/index.html.en
>
> Thanks, I'll cast an eyeball across it - why'd I ever change from
> Galeon?  ;-P
>
> RichardM

Have you tried building it from source or downloading a binary?  The
only catch to that is that you need mozilla and gnome libraries, even if
you don't use those apps directly.

(/rant) I've tried the others and I keep coming back to [insert heavily
marketed product name here] ;-).  I have things about Galeon that I
hate, but after trying other browsers, including Firefox with extensions
and bookmarklets trying to mimic galeon, I keep coming back to galeon.
It does crash when heavily loaded (ie, multiple windows with oodles of
tabs each.  Maybe it gets veryniced?) but as soon as you start it up
again it asks to restore your previous session.  I've not found any
browser that tracks your session use as well as galeon and brings you
back to the same state after it crashes or after killing it, logging
out, etc.  Firefox crashed on me the other day and the history was not
right-up-to-the-minute to let me restore everything.  It was basically
all lost.  Galeon also just does tabs with so much more usability than
any other browser I've tried (rant/)

Sorry if that rant is not directly answering your question but it
appeared that other postings were not appreciating the user experience
that you were missing by not using galeon.

Regards, Gavin ;-)